I've been machine quilting this quilt in the ditch between the big 10 inch squares and I wanted to hand quilt crosses in every square. But I am running out of time. So machine quilting it has to be.
As the squares are so big it is difficult to get straight seams all the way through a square without having to mark the lines before. And I don't want to make marks on this quilt as I am unsure I will have time to wash it before I give it away. So I came up with the idea of using masking tape. Maybe I have read about it somewhere before or maybe not. I can't remember but I decided to give it go.
I let the sewing foot follow the edge of the masking tape.
The seam came out straight and nice after I ripped off the tape. I re-used my tape pieces multiple times. It worked great!
I am very pleased with the results. See how neat that is. Just the way I wanted. Now I only got binding and labeling left.