Sunday, August 18, 2013

I'm on the edge...

...of this wonderful shawl I am making. But how do one choose the right edging? How do you choose the right edging for a project? Do you just know or do you try out different ones and frog it if you don't like it? At first I thought I will just continue to "wing it" like I have done with the rest of this shawl, but soon I realized that winging it is NOT going to work on the edging.

I had a picture in my head - something not toooooo lacy but also not toooo plain and boring. Something shell shaped but a bit more fun. And I wanted a little bit of a challenge. A twist. To push myself out of my comfort zone. I am a girl of simplicity but sometimes I just need to be pushed a little bit towards the more complex side to re-discover my own ability of designing and creating. Sooo...

...a little bit of investigation started in Cyberworld and my crochet books, magazines, thrifted doilies. And then I decided to do some trials and came up with these four... I have to say this was a fun process and usually I am not structured like this at all when creating.

Making crochet edgings are a really fun project. I might just experiment even more. But for now I think I have a winner. The purple. It's a mash-mix of 3 different edgings I found. Now I just have to figure out how to start and end. I think it will look great.

Kärlek
Annette


Follow on Bloglovin

15 comments :

  1. I am sure the edging is going to look great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annette,

    Those edges look really nice! You are right the turqoise one is a winner. It will look lovely on your shawl!

    Happy week!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the red one. but it of course depends, how will it look as a whole edging? an armlength of shells looks different than just a few inches.
    normally when I create something new I have something in my mind and then just start and rib back and start over until the point where I finally like what I see.

    your shawl will be awesome

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iam crocheting baby blanket at the moment. The edging is always a problem for me. Thank you 4 idea!
    I like turqoise one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely edgings. Looking forward to seeing the finished shawl.
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always on the edge....on the edge of finishing something else i have started...I like the lilac edge best...not too lacey but not to plain...all of them are delightful....hard to decide...bestest daisy j xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so pretty, which ever one you pick it will be perfect.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  8. they would look good as chokers/necklaces as well, love them all look forward to seeing the finished piece. Kerena

    ReplyDelete
  9. very, very amazing! I like your works and colors!
    greetings from Switzterland too! manuela

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love doing the edge. I love the turquoise and also the redish-pink at the bottom. I normally get a sort of idea of what I want while I'm making the main part and then flick through my border book and see what fits the bill. If I'm not sure I test a little bit out on what I'm making, see what I think...

    S x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Edges seem to be the new thing! I wish I had a baby blanket to do now, to practice edges. Also like the lilac one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all four of them :) They look like beautiful tiaras :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think all four edgings look great. They would give any raw edge a refined finished look :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Es muy lindo tu blog, lo acabo de descubrir. Te felicito

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the lilac and dark pink and all the edgings are wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my world. I love reading your comments and I do my utterly best to respond to questions and sweet messages. Thank you again for popping by.

Kärlek
Annette

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...