|Photo from here.|
I invite you to Come walk with me! I am about to make one of my dreams come true by walking myself into a healthier and hopefully longer life. Why don't you come join me on my journey?
|My daughter Nelly Bo walking the fields behind our house.|
|A snowy walk on the mountain with my brother and nephew in 2010.|
|A late summer walk with the cows on top of the mountain where we live.|
I want to share my journey with you for two big reasons:
1. Because with support from you I will keep walking and not give up.
2. Because if I can inspire just one person to live a healthier lifestyle and walk with me, that would be the greatest satisfaction of all. :D
|A family hike with pick-nick packed in 2010.|
|Nature is fantastic to observe on my walks, like these bright yellow fields in spring.|
What exercise is the best exercise?
The exercise that we do.
The exercise that we do.
I am not sure where this idea will take us or myself from a blog perspective, but I am excited. I really want to do this. And why walking? Because I've tried it all... Jogging, gym, swimming, cycling... But my time is limited and I find it hard to make it to a class, a certain location or keeping a special time... Walking I can do everywhere and whenever I have a moment left over. I can break it up in short coffee break walks at work or go for a long weekend walk. I can walk early in the morning or after dinner in the evening. I can walk in snow, in grass, on roads, in woods, on beaches, in towns... I can walk on my holiday, at home, at work, by the train station... And the best thing of all - I can do it every day and that is the key to a long and healthy life more than any hours spent in a gym a couple of times a week.
So again - I invite you - Come walk with me!
This week I challenge you to:
• Walk at least 15 minutes every day. Do more if you feel like it but if you are a beginners beginner, start slow.
This week I will:
• Walk 45 minutes split on three sessions on my morning coffee break at work, lunch and afternoon break.
• On my days off I will walk at least 30 minutes.
• I will look at the nature and take it all in as spring is just about to break through over here.
Let me know how you are doing. Lets walk.
To make this a place for cheering on, feed back, brainstorming and to communicate with one another I will start replying directly to your comments. Anyone can jump in with questions, suggestions and cheering on.
Tea with Hazel suggested we report back every week on how much we have managed to walk and I think this is a great idea. Lets make Sundays our report day. I will bring up this information again in the next Come Walk With Me post to make sure everybody reads it. Move it girls. This is so much fun!