Yesterday was surprisingly spent at home as my oldest caught a stomach bug and I had to rush back home form work just when I got there. I took my chance to clean. I have neglected the house for weeks and weeks and weeks.... If not months. I did a real "spring clean". Wiping everything down, vacuuming all the dusty shelves, lists, spider webs (yes we have a lot of those in every corner of the roof). Afterwards I felt inspired to really make a list of things I need to make, do or buy to make my home even more cozy than it is. I am settling down. Finally I have decided to plant myself somewhere.
You see I am a rootless soul. Have always been. I have never settled anywhere. I am the kind of person who waits for a change to happen, not the one who makes the change happen... We all have our demons right... I am starting to MAKE things happen at the age of 43. It is never to late.
So this morning when everything was sparkling clean and I could see all the potential, I started to look around. Seeing opportunities of what this place can be. Taking pictures and suddenly I felt that this really is a cozy home already. I love seeing how my creations are used in real life everyday and how they are the cheering up this home.
So on my list for this room, our living room which we use a lot I have written down this:
- Paint the window sills white as I planned too when I put them up 2 years ago
- Make a cover and hide that ugly heater underneath the window sill.
- Put up the curtain pole that fell down 3 years ago and make a cute skirt curtain.
- Look for old wall lamps on markets and in thrift stores to put above the sofa in the corner and on each side of the piano
- Make 4 different seasonal quilts to hang on the wall above the sofa.
- Find odd frames in markets and frame more family pictures and make a proper family wall
- Make even more pillows to alternate depending on season and mood.
- Paint the built in shelf above the piano white and declutter, maybe show off my blue china there.
This is a plan. A new project. It might take a year or it might take 2 weeks. I am not sure. But I thought that if I share this project of mine here in Blogland I might feel more pushed to really MAKE these changes. Because it is fun to share with you here. It encourages me. Blogland is a fantastic place in so many ways isn't it.
Well, now I am off making pancakes. And later we will go out shopping something small for my darling boy. You see he had ZERO errors on his dictée (writing test) yesterday for the first time. That is big for a boy who struggles a bit in school. And that needs to be celebrated of course.
Happy Saturday everyone. And let me remind you about my Christmas Pillow Give Away. You can enter up until the 2nd of December.