"Procrastination - the act of replacing high-priority actions with tasks of lower priority, or doing something from which one derives enjoyment, and thus putting off important tasks to a later time." Source: Wikipedia.
Today I planned to:- Finish another baby patchwork quilt top
- Finish the Maybelle Crochet Flower garland in pinks and whites.
- Do my homework for an online course I am taking
- Play Monopoly with the kids
- Go for a walk
- Start on the final row of the edging on my Gypsy Blanket
- Make the final touches on my upcoming tutorial post
What did I do?
- I made scones for breakfast
- I organized folders on my computer
- I read about Google reader closing down and made a note about writing a post about this
- I worked on my husband's website that I have promised to make for him
- I made pin cushions, so much fun!!! :D
- I made mini crochet flowers for my Easter twigs :D
- I hung out on IG way to long :D
- I folded laundry
So what is it with procrastination? Why is it that we have such a hard time to follow through with a task that we have told ourselves needs to be done? It is like we refuse to move that big rock lying in front of us on the path and instead of just moving it we decide to look for mushrooms, pick berries, and admire the flowers. Climb a tree and swing over to the next tree, talk to a squirrel and sing along with the birds for the while until the sun goes down... Just to realize that I am still stuck here as I still have not moved that silly rock from my path... So just move the rock and then move on doing the rest!!! Sounds easy but for me it is very hard. A weird phenomenon... What about you? Do you procrastinate?
PS Tomorrow I hope I am kicking Mr Procrastination on his behind and move him out of my way to accomplish what needs to be accomplished. Fingers crossed...