Monday, April 12, 2010
Crochet blanket - Voila!
...VOILA! - the blanket is done!
- Merino Wool 50g/105-115 m
- Hook size 5
- Used a total of approx 20 skeins
- 16 different colours
- Weight - heavy
- Measures 95 cm x 135 cm (37" x 53 ")
- 94 shell stitch stripes (5 treble shells)
- About 8-10 weeks of lazy hooking and being constantly distracted by other projects on hand.
- Half a billion loose ends to fasten off (it felt like...)
- Really easy (anyone can do this blanket), relatively quick (although it felt like a never ending project at times...), very satisfactory (the mixing and matching of colours is really fun).
Am I proud? I am smiling from ear to ear, that is how proud I am. And I love my blanket. It has such a good heavy feel to it, its soft, cuddly and just perfect. The kids are already fighting over it. I guess I have to make another one.
And do you want to know how to make the shell stitch? In this post you can find out how easy it is. Try it out and have a blast.